I have just finished work on our custom pinball machine “America’s Most Haunted” which has entered production and started shipping. You can read more about it here. I’ll also make a large, in-depth article about it on this site once I get a chance.
I’ve been working non-stop on this game, The Ben Heck Show, and other commissioned work since mid 2012. It’s time for a break.
I’m going to be limiting my non-show commission work to 8 billable hours per week for the foreseeable future. This includes single-handed controllers, prototype work for companies and individuals, basically anything outside of our show. If you’d like to contact me about a project you may do so at email@example.com. Keep in mind that this time allotment will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
The automatic Paypal links for the single handed controllers will be coming down during this time as well. If you’re still in need of a controller, please contact me via email. I will probably spin the production of those back up in time for the holidays. I know there’s a great need for them, but there is also a great need, personally, for my sanity.
- I had the wrong file linked to Episode 80 of the podcast – sorry about that! You can find the corrected version here.
- We are still doing our best to release a podcast once a month, time permitting.
- You can of course keep really up to date with what we’re up to on The Ben Heck Show, follow me on Twitter, or visit my YouTube channel using the links on the right side of this page.
- We’ll be at Maker Faire San Mateo next weekend filming an episode of our show – stop and say hi and we might give you a t-shirt!
- I will be attending the Northwest Pinball Show in Tacoma this June. Ask me anything you’d like about our new pinball machine!
- Good chance I’ll also attend California Extreme and there might be an America’s Most Haunted machine there as well. More info as it becomes available.
After a busy couple of years we’ve finally brought back the Legendary Benheck.com Podcast! You can check it out, along with all back episodes, by clicking here.
Subscribe to Benheck.com Podcast via iTunes
One of the best parts of doing our podcast years ago was making the fun, parody “Intros”
Classic include “Tetris: The Movie”, the “Mario Cop” series, “Video Pirates of the Caribbean” and “It’s a Wonderful Half Life” – enjoy!
Download All Intros (MP3 formats, inside ZIP file)
After 5 years of having the same theme, I’ve finally updated my site. I’m still putting in functionality, but here are some key new features:
- Services section. The end goal is to have CNC and laser work be available to clients over the internet. So if you’ve got a project idea, we can help! I’m working on a very detailed tutorial to help you make the best files possible.
- Store. Common items such as Controller Monitors and accessibility mods can be found here. Also possibly kits in the future.
- Very comprehensive “Downloads” section. Free access to almost all of my classic designs and projects, right up to things as recent as “Lost” pinball.
- Live Shop Cam via Ustream. If we’re broadcasting, you’ll see it on the homepage.
And as usual, the forums are available as well. Have fun and I hope to add even more features soon!
Yes, believe it or not, we’ve done a year-end podcast! We’ve got a lot of topics, including:
- How Liam Neeson might organically slip the line “You Sunk My Battleship!” into Universal’s $250 million “Battleship” movie.
- Our favorite games of 2011, and biggest disappointments.
- Tom Cruise, Scientology and the expense of going to the movies.
- Zombie trend in gaming, and why a zombie apocalypse wouldn’t be as cool as nerds would hope.
- Our latest adventures in pinball.
- Tablets and phones versus portable gaming systems.
- Speculation about the next Xbox and what if it’s ARM based.
- Why “Project 10 Dollar” is just the tip of the digital download only future.
- The problems with Rocky 4. Yes, it has problems.
- Netflix and the future of media.
Enjoy and have a happy new year!
Download Ben Heck Dot Com Podcast # 76!
Unfortunately we did not have time to do a Christmas special intro this year. However, for your enjoyment, I’ve compiled the first 4 Christmas Special intros into one file, for your Yuletide listening pleasure!
They include “How the Jack Stole Christmas”, “Video Pirates Save Christmas”, “It’s a Wonderful Half-Life” and of course, “Mel Gibson’s The Nativity Story”.
Enjoy, and have a safe and happy holiday season!
Listen to Benheck.com Christmas Special Intro Compilation (26 minutes total)
Yes that’s correct – we haven’t given up on the podcast. Just been busy with the show.
In this belated episode we discuss:
1) The music industry, including the Hollywood Slutification Machine ™ that turns wholesome singers into trashy skanks.
2) Game we enjoyed in 2010, and our ‘Game of the Year’ picks. Gain insider knowledge into how many hours Ben has on Bad Company 2!
3) Jones’ disappointment with Gran Turismo 5. (Hey, at least it came out)
4) The anti-gaming law Arnold keep shoving through the courts. What a hypocrite.
Also includes impressions of Jar-Jar Binks, info on things we’re doing besides the show and much, much more!
Listen to Benheck.com Podcast Episode 75
In today’s timely episode, we’re not going to speculate on new products like we normally do. Nonsense! Rather, we’re going to report directly on what we’ve played right here at E3. Highlights include:
1) Xbox 360 Kinect, formerly known as Natal.
2) Jones taking a voyeuristic photo of Jessica Chobot.
3) PlayStation Move
…and, in a rare case of me liking something from modern Nintendo…
4) The Nintendo 3DS.
Also includes impressions of Rock Band 3, OnLive service, Nintendo booth’s resemblance to a strip club and much, much more.
Listen to Benheck.com Podcast Episode 74
We’re back! In this newest, thrilling episode we discuss:
1) The Lost finale. Spoilers abound!
2) Smart Phones and things that are cool about the iPad.
3) Red Dead Redemption, AKA “Grand Theft Horse”. Also, how “Dances with Wolves” isn’t a Western, but “Roadhouse” is.
4) Actors who don’t seem to age, like Keith David and Kevin Kline. (Richard Dreyfuss is not in this club)
5) More Star Wars Episode 1 impressions than you probably care to hear, plus the movies “9” versus “Nine”.
Listen to Benheck.com Podcast Episode 73