If your controller develops issues such as stick drift or if something breaks, do the following:
- Download the Repair Authorization Form and fill out all relevant information.
- Pack controller inside original box and place a printout of your completed Repair Authorization Form INSIDE THE BOX so I can keep track of repairs.
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will give you the shipping address to send the package to. Even if you’ve shipped items to me in the past please email me whenever you’re going to send a new one.
- Repairs will take 1-2 weeks. Costs:
- Within first year after purchase (Warranty repair):Free repairs on normal wear and tear. You just pay the cost of shipping it back to me.
- After first year: I will email you back with a repair quote and ask how you’d like to proceed. You will pay shipping both ways. Please note that for very old controller (3+ years) I will usually suggest building a new one for best results.
If you receive the controller, try it out and it just isn’t working for your situation you can send it back for a full refund, less your return shipping costs. To return a controller:
- Download the Return Authorization Form and fill out all relevant information so I know which Paypal transaction to refund.
- Pack controller inside original box and place a printout of your completed Return Authorization Form INSIDE THE BOX so I know who to refund.
- Email me at email@example.com and I will give you the shipping address to send the package to. Your refund will be issued once I receive the box and check the Return Authorization Form you packed inside with the controller.
Any additional questions please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org – thanks!