The moment 150 people have been waiting for – the release of AMH’s biggest update yet! Version 23… nearly 9 months in the making.
Head over to the AMH Update Page to download all the files you need to bring your pinball machine up to the most recent version! Includes a change list of all the new features.
AMH Update Page – link
Thanks to Christ Kraft we now have an easier way to update the America’s Most Haunted pinball machine. This coincides with the holiday release of code version #16!
Visit the AMH Code page to download the new files and give yourself the present of code!
Not really debug anymore, just polishing stuff. You can open a serial terminal at 115200 baud on the USB programming jack to “talk” with the game. I’m beefing up what this can do, both for human-readable debugging, and using Bluetooth UART via a tablet or smartphone app.
- Improved command parser for serial.
- On serial terminal, added commands for servo control, SFX and music (see below)
- Added one-shot switch status return, so tablet app can control rate at which it monitors switch data.
- Improved main game titles, added vendor logos.
- Improved attract mode PRESS START graphic (always thought it looked crappy before)
————-SERIAL MONITOR COMMAND LIST————-
[E99000] Get current switch state, raw data (2 bytes dedicated, 8 bytes matrix)
[E98000] Toggle serial stream of human-readable switch data
[E97000] Disable Ball Search (useful for testing)
[E97001] Enable Ball Search (default)
[F00ABC] Play sound effect ABC
[F00ZXX] Play music file XX (music files always in _DZ folder)
[F00Z00] Stop music
[V00ABC] Play video file ABC
[SXXzzz] Set servo XX (0-4) to ZZZ Degrees (Only set if you know proper values!)”
[MXXzzz] Activate Coil XX (0-23) for ZZZ Microseconds (0-250)
[LXXzzz] Set light XX (0-63) to ZZZ brightness (0-7)
[L99000] Disable light attract mode
[L99001] Enable light attract mode
Got some feedback from the Allentown show which I’ve worked into the game!
- When ball gets stuck, game goes into Ball Search (firing everything trying to loosen ball) There is a way to get the ball stuck behind the targets. Normally the game checks for this whenever the targets go up, but if a ball is resting on target edge (which can happen) the game doesn’t know this and thus check didn’t occur. Fixed.
- Added 2 new flags doorTrap and targetTrap, so the game knows if a ball is purposely stuck in those places during a mode. If a ball is there, game won’t move those spots during a ball search.
- Enabled ball search when ball is trapped on purpose. Before this would prevent a ball search (since switch constantly triggered) but now a ball search can happen alongside it.
- Made “halfway” point for targets so they can jostle about and still keep a ball trapped behind.
- Re-exported Hospital Mode audio to quiet done Dennis Nordman’s booming voice that caused clipping.
A beautiful sunny day, perfect for programming!
- Changed ball search routine, so game will only ask to load balls when you press Start, not upon boot (makes troubleshooting / servicing easier)
- Final graphics to add to game will be “Load X Balls”
- Added visual Switch Matrix to service menu
- Added Game Settings to service menu, that get stored to EEPROM (# of balls, free play, etc)
- Implemented REPLAY feature, and counter for total number of games played
- Fixed glitch where CREDITS:X and FREEPLAY didn’t appear on attract mode videos after a game had been played.
Very close now, just tweaking a few things:
- Wizard Mode is now in game, and achievable (good luck Allentown)
- Fixed some end-of-multiball issues with music not resuming, mode total not being display.
- Fixed issue with game “forgetting” about Hellavator MB if you stack Minion MB onto it.
- Added “Flippy Ghost” video mode (spell WIKI, TECH & PSYCHIC, start mode by shooting ghost)
- Added “color prompts” to GI. Each mode has a color (minion = blue, ghost bosses = green, MB = magenta) Making shots towards modes briefly flashes their color to guide player. MB and Minion already did now, now Ghost Investigation Shots do too.
- Changed countdown “seconds” timer to more accurately represent actual seconds 🙂 Bit longer than actual seconds, but feel right.
- Increased some seconds allowed amounts to reflect new, faster timers.
All I’ve got for Easter Dinner is Spam. But I made a turkey sandwich.
- Re-writing Loop Catch routine so it’s modular, faster, and works for any mode. This is when we want to catch a ball in the Ghost Loop and hold it with the targets.
- Added “Speed Demon” bonus if you hit the loop so fast the magnet can’t catch it. Turns a deficiency into player compliment!
- Considering turning off Ghost Motion unless you’re in a mode – so you have to “earn it
- Testing magnet ball hold at 25% duty cycle. I’d rather the magnet stay cool, than catch every ball every time. Only a few modes catch the ball outright anyway.
- Performing cycle testing on new Loop Ball Catch code – it either needs to catch the ball (preferred) or acknowledge it missed it.
- Fixed glitch where targets wouldn’t make sounds on Minions #4 and up.