I’m taking some time off and getting projects done. Any new controller orders from now until September 11th 2021 will be built in the order they are received the week of September 13th 2021.
I will also be attending the Vintage Computer Festival Midwest during this time, stop by and say hi!
If you’re seeing this message through the domain www.benheck.com then we’ve successfully transferred to our new server!
Benheck.com will be undergoing a Server Migration over the next few days. Please excuse our mess!
The forums have been “snapshotted” as of 2-15-18 and their database already transferred to the new site. I want to keep them up as a lot of things still link there but I am going to consider them “classic” from this point forward, a new solution will be incoming.
I recently used an ancient Sony Mavica disk camera to document Bay Area Maker Faire 2017.
Check out the photos at this link!
I have just finished work on our custom pinball machine “America’s Most Haunted” which has entered production and started shipping. You can read more about it here. I’ll also make a large, in-depth article about it on this site once I get a chance.
I’ve been working non-stop on this game, The Ben Heck Show, and other commissioned work since mid 2012. It’s time for a break.
I’m going to be limiting my non-show commission work to 8 billable hours per week for the foreseeable future. This includes single-handed controllers, prototype work for companies and individuals, basically anything outside of our show. If you’d like to contact me about a project you may do so at firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep in mind that this time allotment will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
The automatic Paypal links for the single handed controllers will be coming down during this time as well. If you’re still in need of a controller, please contact me via email. I will probably spin the production of those back up in time for the holidays. I know there’s a great need for them, but there is also a great need, personally, for my sanity.
- I had the wrong file linked to Episode 80 of the podcast – sorry about that! You can find the corrected version here.
- We are still doing our best to release a podcast once a month, time permitting.
- You can of course keep really up to date with what we’re up to on The Ben Heck Show, follow me on Twitter, or visit my YouTube channel using the links on the right side of this page.
- We’ll be at Maker Faire San Mateo next weekend filming an episode of our show – stop and say hi and we might give you a t-shirt!
- I will be attending the Northwest Pinball Show in Tacoma this June. Ask me anything you’d like about our new pinball machine!
- Good chance I’ll also attend California Extreme and there might be an America’s Most Haunted machine there as well. More info as it becomes available.
printrbotGO and a Companion Cube. Click for larger version
I just can’t stop building portable 3D printers! Check out my new printrbotGO – an all new design in collaboration with printrbot.com
The goal here was to create an interesting, functional, sturdy design and then have it be available pre-built or as a kit. This is the first prototype and will be demonstrated at World Maker Faire New York weekend of September 28th – 30th.
- Printrboard electronics, steppers, pulleys, extruders and hot ends (all existing commodity parts from one source)
- Print size 200mm x 185mm x 150mm. Not sure why I lost that 15mm on the Y axis, will probably have that at 200 as well in the future.
- Runs off a wall wart power brick or internal Li-Polymer batteries. We estimate 2 hours print time in PLA.
- Folds up to a size of 19″ x 14.5″ x 5.5″ – can fit in a plane’s overhead bin.
- Much smaller “deployed” footprint than my previous models.
For lots of build photos and more details, click below!
Continue reading printrbotGO →