In this episode we discuss:
- So many games coming out this fall!
- Which ones are we interested in?
- How can they all be successful?
- Are these open world games cheaper to develop than linear ones?
- Battlefield V Discussion
- Parker hated Battlefield 1. Ben loved it. We discuss!
- The insane amount of detail Battlefield 1 put into the guns, yet they have Random Bullet Deviation unlike earlier BF games.
- What Battlefield V is supposed to do differently.
- How EA will make up for revenue lost with no Premium Pass.
- Why rampant character customization could be bad for gameplay.
- Projects we’ve been working on lately.
- Ben’s accessibility controllers and new Controller Monitors.
- Parker’s Signal Defined Radio to make a DIN-slot car radio with the Raspberry Pi.
- We discuss computers inside cars.
- Macrofab, Oshpark and manufacturing in USA.
- Have the Chinese tariffs affected Parker’s company? Where does this stuff come from?
- We then discuss pollution and environmentalism for a while, and argue about California’s “straw ban”.