Some of you may have seen my last post and thought it meant I was sick of building everything. Not true, I’m just sick of being asked for the same 3 things over and over. As far as not doing any more movies, I should clarify – not making any more with my own money. I’m glad many of you enjoyed Port Washington but I’d really enjoy having the money it cost back in my pocket.
As a counterpoint, here’s a list of project ideas I would enjoy trying:
- Custom pinball machine – I’ve been planning one for 2 years but have never had the time or money, at the same time. Problem is I’d want to keep it. If you listen to our podcasts you’ve probably heard about this project.
- Domestic automatic can crusher – Would be the coolest thing ever.
- Alternative fuel car of the future – I’ve always wanted to build a car, I think that would be quite the challenge. It would have to be sporty and have a cool stereo however. (No Sparkomatics) The Tesla thing is cool but it’s not really a “people’s car”.
- Hub-based main house PC / Xbox 360 / PS3 / furnace – Hey, those things put out a lot of heat!
- Mass-produced single-handed game controllers – As mentioned before.
- A robot.
- Lead singer in a country music band – Much more interesting than an N64 portable.
- Apple ][ portable – It’s shocking that I’ve only been asked about this maybe once in 7 years.
- Design consultation work -If your company is working on a product, especially game related, and would like my input, please contact me to discuss.
So there you go – the kinds of projects I am interested in these days. Now I must get back to this new laptop…