There’s been a lot of interest lately in my Controller Monitor. So I thought I’d reiterate some things about it for interested parties:
- Currently Xbox 360 only. I’ve been thinking about a PS3 version, it would require a different approach, but more importantly, would companies want it? Please let me know.
- Size of display is 8″ x 8″ x 1.5″. It connects via a 6′ cable to a wireless Xbox 360 controller. (Granted, it’s no longer “free of wires” but you know what I mean) There are screw holes in the four corners for mounting as you choose.
- The connector for the cable replaces the headphone / keyboard jack on the bottom of the controller. Charge & Play kits still fit.
- Display indicates the following: D-pad, A B X Y, left and right bumpers, left and right triggers, both analog sticks. Currently L3 / R3 (depressing the thumbsticks) is not represented.
- For the analog indicators there are 3 LED’s per direction. These indicate “any motion at all”, “halfway there” and “all the way over”.
- Cost is $650 US, includes controller. Shipping is extra.
If this sounds like something that would be useful for your company please drop me a line to discuss. I’m setting up a batch within the next few weeks.