Today’s podcast is all about the Xbox. Specifically what we think Microsoft is doing wrong, or just plain not doing, with their advertising schemes. Since Jones and I are clearly marketing experts with a better grasp of things than a multi-billion dollar global behemoth it is our duty to tell the world how the people in Redmond should be pitching this thing. Because hey – we just want to help.
Sort of the way Xbox is rolling these days.
In other news the first batch of Audio FX Pro 5.1 headsets have arrived from across the pond and will be showing up in stores very soon. I’m running a contest where the prize is yet another pair, signed by me no less! Here are the rules:
- As mentioned in our podcast, come up with a mascot that Microsoft should use in a cool new game for the Xbox 360. I’d like serious entries, not “Robby the Red Ring of Death” or anything like that.
- Use paper, MS Paint, 3D modeling, whatever you’d like to create it. Even B&W paper doodles are fine.
- For best results include snow-capped mountains in the background and some helicopters with machine guns.
- This contest has nothing to do with Microsoft so don’t expect million-dollar checks and your creation becoming a game. This is just for fun, with a headset as the prize. But just think, up to hundreds of thousands of people could see your work if it gets on the site – that’s more famous than half the cast of “Charmed”!
- The winning entry will be picked by me (and maybe Jones or whoever else is around) and shown on this site at the time of the next podcast.
Suggestions of what NOT to enter.
Send all entries to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31st, 2007. We’ll also show the best runners-up. Have fun!