Welcome to fall! This month’s topics include:
- Amazon package delivery and Cabs Vs Uber.
- Jones needs a new computer! Ben and Parker offer advice.
- New Tomb Raider movie – is it going to be any good?
- What made Indiana Jones good vs modern “adventure” films AKA the death of straightforward, simple plots.
- Ben discusses Cuphead.
- Parker brings up Duke Nukem Forever as he does on every podcast.
- Discussing Ghost Squad 2 – our 2017 Halloween YouTube Special.
- Our movie predictions always come true – we discuss!
- In the movie Blade Runner, examples of why Deckard was terrible at his job of being a Blade Runner.
- I try to convince Jones to watch Black Mirror.
- Dead Space memories.
Subscribe to Benheck.com Podcast via iTunes
In this thrilling episode we have 2 main topics:
Topic 1 regards the balance between video game difficulty/length/price. 18 years ago (has it been that long?) we were paying $50 for a game that could be beat in half an hour. Now people think $15 for Castle Crashers or Braid is too much. New games now run $60, but cost 10 times as much to produce as $50 games did during the 16-bit era. At what point did the perception change?
It’ll happen. Just wait.
Topic 2 involves movies once again, specifically how the success of revived franchise Indiana Jones and rebooted franchise Batman will probably kill all creativity (what little there was left) in Hollywood for the next 10 years. Just this morning I read Fox is considering a “Daredevil” reboot, so it’s already begun. By 2010 every summer movie will probably involve superheroes, just watch. This of course brings us to a familiar topic of what old movies Hollywood should remake.
Listen to Benheck.com Podcast Episode 49